There are no tricks here… only treats for your taste buds! This yummy-ized pumpkin bread is so moist and rich with flavor that you will forget it is free of dairy and refined sugar.
As we welcome Autumn, it’s time for our favorite pumpkin recipes. Pumpkins are rich in the antioxidant beta-carotene which might be a key in the prevention of cancer. They are also full of vitamin A, potassium, and dietary fiber.
Have you ever baked with avocado oil? We experimented with it for this recipe and it worked wonderfully. The avocado is one of the healthiest fruits in the world and its oil is loaded with good fats and vitamin E. Experiment with it the next time a recipe calls for another kind of oil and let us know what you think!
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon sea salt
15 oz. pumpkin purée
⅓ cup avocado oil
⅔ cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened soy milk
1 teaspoon Cafix grain coffee dissolved in 1 tablespoon water
6 oz. firm silken tofu
1. Preheat your oven to 350° F and spray a bread pan with canola baking spray
2. Combine the whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a large bowl
3. In a blender, pulse the pumpkin purée, avocado oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, soymilk, dissolved grain coffee, and tofu until smooth
4. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and stir until fully combined
5. After the mixture has been stirred thoroughly, pour the batter into the greased bread pan and bake for 35-40 minutes until the bread has risen and golden brown
If you enjoyed this post, subscribe for free to receive new recipes by email.
Tagged: Avocado oil, breakfast, Cinnamon, Dairy-free, Dessert, food, Healthy, kid-friendly, Maple syrup, Natural Sugars, No dairy, No sugar, Pumpkin, Recipe, Refined Sugar, Sugar-free, Tofu, tofu ingredient, vegan, Vegetarian